Casa de Espíritos

quarta-feira, agosto 08, 2007

O tempo em que os Gun's me deixavam colada ao telefone

"Escuta só esta, escuta só. É para ti", dizia ele do outro lado da linha, no tempo em que os telefones eram telefones e não telemóveis. E começava:

"Shed a tear 'cause I'm missing you
I'm still alright to smile
Girl, I think about you every day now
Was a time when I wasn't sure
But you set my mind at ease
There is no doubt you're in my heart now
Said woman take it slow
It'll work itself out fine
All we need is just a little patience
Said sugar make it slow
And we'll come together fine
All we need is just a little patience
Patience...Ooh, oh, yeah
(...)
Said woman take it slow
Things will be just fine
You and I'll just use a little patience
Said sugar take the time'Cause the lights are shining bright
You and I've got what it takes to make it
We won't fake it, Oh never break it'Cause I can't take it...little patience, mm yeah, ooh yeah, Need a little patience, yeah
Just a little patience, yeah
Some more patience, yeah
I've been walking these streets at night
Just trying to get it right
It's hard to see with so many around
You know I don't like being stuck in a crowd
And the streets don't change but maybe the nameI ain't got time for the game'
Cause I need you
Yeah, yeah well I need you
Oh, I need you
Whoa, I need you
Ooh, this ti- me...."

"Então? Não gostaste?", perguntava. Nessa altura, eu, corada, de lágrimas nos olhos, respondia de voz firme (e controlada): "tens de melhorar aquela última parte do... do... Yeah yeah". (Na verdade, estava completamente deterretida...) E ele respondia: "Eu toco outra vez para ti. Espera, agora ao piano. Estás aí. não estás? Não desligues!". E eu ria-me e preparava-me para pelo menos meia hora colada ao telefone, sentada no chão do hall da casa dos meus pais. Tinha 16 anos. O meu primeiro amor cantava-me com Gun's.

2 Comments:

Enviar um comentário

<< Home